Bring on the spooky decorations, costume pop-up stores, and those wicked mini chocolate bars – Halloween is right around the corner. And if you thought this holiday was just for the kids, we have good news for you in the form of ghostly cupcakes filled with our Hansen Distillery Ring of Fire Cinnamon Rye! Yes, Halloween boozy baking is here to raise your spirits as you brave all those little monsters.
These cupcakes feature our Ring of Fire Cinnamon Rye, devilishly delicious and jammed packed with all natural cinnamon with a hint of fire from chilli peppers. It’s sinnfully bold and brash – just like Johnny Cash!
Makes 12-14 regular cupcakes.
Cupcake Batter Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Hansen Distillery’s Ring of Fire Cinnamon Rye
Boo-tiful Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. Hansen Distillery’s Ring of Fire Cinnamon Rye
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate chips (regular sized chips)
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pans.
- Mix together gently the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in large bowl or mixer.
- Slowly add in the buttermilk and stir to combine. Add in the Hansen’s Ring of Fire Rye, vanilla, and oil. Mix well until batter has come together.
- Add in the egg and combine.
- Since the Rye is out anyways…get this party started with a little for yourself!
- Fill ¾ of the cupcake liners with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- When baking is complete, allow cupcakes to cool while you prepare the frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, use a fork poke holes into each cupcake and drizzle in ½ to 1 tsp of Rye over each.
- On medium, beat butter until smooth. Add in 1 cup of the powdered sugar at a time slowly, when half way through – add in the Rye. Finish mixing the rest of the sugar in until fully mixed.
- Add in the vanilla and salt on low until combined.
- Here’s your chance to add a little more “spirit” to your preferred taste.
- Fill a piping bag with the frosting and make your ghost swirls onto each cupcake.
- Using the mini chocolate chips, give each ghoul a pair of eyes, and complete its look with a regular sized chocolate chip spooky mouth.
You’re done! Enjoy these simply evil treats at your next Halloween party or in front of your favourite horror movie. Be sure to snap a pic and share with us on Instagram @hansendistillery.
Recipe inspired by deloom.com.