Whether you want to impress the pants off your new suitor (literally) or add some spice to your life with the hubby, nothing makes a partner feel more loved than a delicious home cooked meal. This spicy pasta sauce is the perfect date night meal with the star ingredient being our Barn Owl Gold Vodka. This extra premium vodka is a yummy, smooth treat on its own but when you add it into this sauce – it’s culinary magic! Our vodka is triple filtered and 30x distilled, making it the perfect secret weapon to break out for a romantic date night pasta.
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil (a drizzle around the skillet)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup of our Barn Owl Gold Vodka
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like your date nights)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound of your favourite pasta – for a healthy spin serve over spaghetti squash “noodles”
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Garlic bread on the side
- Heat skillet on medium heat and add in the olive oil and butter to melt.
- Add in the minced garlic and diced onions, stir and saute until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the Barn Owl Gold Vodka and cook down for 3 minutes until about half the vodka has been reduced.
- Pour in the chicken stock and the crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes until tomatoes have cooked down to about half.
- Add in condensed milk, basil. And the crushed red pepper flakes and turn the temperature to low.
- Cook your preferred pasta according to instructions on the package.
- When pasta is done cooking, save about a cup of pasta water to combine pasta to sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce with the pasta water. Sprinkle in parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
As the good old saying goes…”the way to a man’s/women’s heart is through their stomach”. Be sure to snap a pic and share with us on Instagram @hansendistillery. Go get em’ tiger!