Morning Glory Chocolate Hazelnut Festive Fudge
There’s no better gift to treat a co-worker or hostess to during the holiday season than some luxurious boozy fudge! This fudge will be the talk of any Christmas party and is super simple to make ahead of time and freeze to bring out for any guests that may arrive unannounced.
With the inclusion of our Hansen’s Morning Glory Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Liqueur, you’re sure to be everyone’s favourite friend this Christmas. Our Morning Glory adds creamy and sweet notes, made with real chocolate and hazelnuts – you can actually see the pieces in the liqueur, so shake before use.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup of Hansen Distillery’s Morning Glory Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Liqueur
- ¼ cup hazelnuts pieces
- Grease a 9” square baking pan and line with parchment paper long enough to allow the ends of the paper to hang over the pan.
- Mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, butter, salt, and evaporated milk and add to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until mixture has developed into a syrup.
- Once mixture has reached a boil, reduce heat to low and stir continuously for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract, hazelnut pieces, and our Morning Glory Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Liqueur.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixture, pour fudge into a bowl and mix on low. Slowly add in the icing sugar, ½ cups at a time until well blended (typically 2 minutes).
- Pour fudge into the prepared baking pan and allow to cool on a flat surface for up to 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift fudge out of the baking pan by holding onto the parchment paper and cut into cubes.
It’s that simple! Enjoy Hansen’s Morning Glory Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Liqueur on the rocks or in your morning Christmas Day coffee with some fudgey goodness on the side. Remember to snap a pic and share with us on Instagram @hansendistillery.