Orange Blossom Special Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp Orange Blossom Special
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 3 tsp Orange Blossom Special
- 2 tsp Light corn syrup
To make cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- With electric mixture, beat sugar, butter and Orange Blossom Special until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, beating after each until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Lightly flour counter and roll out dough to 1/4″. Using cookie cutters of choice cut out cookies and transfer to parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottom of cookies turn golden.
- Makes 3-4 dozen cookies depending on cookie cutter used.
- Wait until cool to decorate with icing.
To make icing:
- Stir together icing sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and Orange Blossom Special until icing is smooth and glossy. Adjust consistency as needed by adding more corn syrup or icing sugar.
- Mix in food colouring if desired.
- Decorate cookies once cooled.