Our Pumpkin Spice Cream Liqueur is not just for coffee or cocktails – it goes great with many Fall baking recipes. Here’s our version of an easy assembly Pumpkin Pie that you can make for Thanksgiving, or just because!
Hansen’s Pumpkin Pie
- 1 pie crust (store-bought frozen or homemade)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup Hansen Pumpkin Pie Cream Liquor
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Make the filling: Whisk the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla together. Add the cornstarch, salt, cream liquor and whole milk and whisk until everything is combined.
- Optional Chocolate Hazelnut Filling: Microwave the chocolate spread until it is slightly runny. Mix ¼ cup of the pumpkin filling with the softened chocolate spread and set aside.
- Homemade pie dough: on a lightly floured work surface, roll out a chilled disc of dough and carefully place the dough into a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the extra overhang and pretty up the edge however you desire (You can flute the edge, or even just make fork depressions). Line the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dry beans. Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Store bought pie crust: Take the crust out of the freezer and line with parchment paper. Fill with pie weights or dry beans and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pre-baked crust until ¾ full.
- Optional Chocolate hazelnut filling: Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pre-baked pie crust until 2/3 full. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate hazelnut filling on top. Drag a knife through the drops to make swirls.
- Bake pie at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes, or until the centre is almost set. About 15 minutes into baking, you may want to cover the crust with aluminum foil to prevent it from browning too much.
- Once the pie is done baking, cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Store leftovers (if there are any) in the refrigerator.