Boozy baking for the win.
Welcome to fall in Alberta – Mother Nature sure knows how to keep us on our toes! And as any true blooded Albertan knows, there’s nothing better to indulge in during a freak snowstorm than a delicious boozy treat.
We found a keeper in this delicious dessert – enhanced with our very special End of the Line Moonshine Spirit made with 100% Alberta-grown wheat, water, and yeast. We are proud that our moonshine is a testament to those who forge their own paths to create a better life, just like many Albertans do every day in this unpredictable season.
We know you’ll take a shine to Hansen’s End of the Line Moonshine Spirit Apple Cheesecake Pie!Print
Apple Cheesecake Pie Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cloves
4 Apples (Granny Smith work best)
4 shots of the K-97 Bark at the Moonshine Apple Pie spirit (and of course one shot for yourself – Cheers!)
1 cup maple syrup (look for a good quality – no Aunt Jemima here!)
1/ 2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 graham cracker pie shell
4 cups softened cream cheese
Boozy Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 shot of the K-97 Apple Pie Moonshine spirit (one more for the cook!)
1 cup icing sugar
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice mix
Apple Cheesecake Pie Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in skillet, add pumpkin spice mix once melted. Slice apples and add to skillet. Stir until apples are soft.
3. Add our K-97 Apple Pie Moonshine, maple syrup, brown sugar. Cook down until liquid has reduced to half.
4. In a bowl, add the white sugar and eggs and cream together. Add in the cream cheese in cubes a little at a time until mixture has been creamed together.
5. Combine the yummy Moonshine and apple mixture to the now creamed together eggs and cream cheese. When mixed, pour into pie shell.
6. Add to a water bath and bake for 40-50 minutes.
Boozy Whipped Cream Directions
1. Combine all ingredients and use a standing mixer or hand mixer to whip until firm peaks have formed.
2. Add to the cooled Cheesecake before serving.
You’re done! Snap a pic and share with us on Instagram @hansendistillery.
We hope you enjoy this decadent autumn treat to shake the pre-winter blues. Stay tuned for more boozy desserts to enjoy this season or drop by our website for additional recipes using our Alberta-based family-run craft distillery quality products.